Gazpacho is a cold soup of raw, pureed vegetables. Although it’s not just a tomato soup, tomatoes are the shining star of gazpacho. All you need is a cutting board, blender and ingredients to make it…no cooking required! Make gazpacho in the summer when tomatoes are in-season or anytime you have extra tomatoes on hand.
- 4-6 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Calories: 131
- 2 pounds tomatoes, raw, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into 4-6 pieces
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membranes removed (add more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, cucumber, jalapeño, vinegar and salt to blender or Vitamix and blend for about a minute until all ingredients are puréed. Turn off blender.
While blender is off, turn down blender speed to low setting and then restart blender. Remove lid plug and slowly drizzle olive oil in through the lid plug opening. Once oil is added, blend for an additional 10-15 seconds.
Chill gazpacho for 2 to 24 hours before serving. Add more salt to taste.