A fattoush salad traditionally is made with crispy toasted bread or pita, lettuce, herbs and other vegetables finished with a tangy, zesty dressing. While this recipe has many common fattoush salad flavors and ingredients like sumac, you will notice this rendition has chickpeas instead of bread. You can’t go wrong by adding bread or even grilled chicken breast to this meal. I think you will enjoy the satisfying addition of chickpeas.
Chickpea Fattoush SaladPrint recipe
- 3 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Calories: 316
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) garbanzo beans (chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces baby plum tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- 5 red radishes, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cup fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley, stems removed
- 12 olives, pitted, castelvetrano or other, sliced
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash pepper
To make dressing, add lemon juice, olive oil, sumac, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk to emulsify. Set aside.
Add garbanzo beans, vegetables, herbs and olives to large bowl. Stir to mix ingredients.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat well. Serve salad cold.